Monday, June 2, 2014

He is Nearer Than We Think

Today, after getting breakfast cleaned up, boys dressed, dog fed, lunch made, trash taken out, lunch cleaned up, laundry started, grocery list crafted, and the boys in their rooms for naptime... It hit me.
 
That moment when everything I can normally juggle comes crashing down on me, as if I missed just one ball, causing the others to plummet to the floor. There is so much going on in our life right now, more than most know about. I try my very best to hide it, keep it in, and smile as though saying "I've got it all together."
 
Some days, amongst the toy throwing, dog barking, kid screaming... I feel so alone. So very, very alone. I was in the middle of a mini meltdown, prior to logging on to write this, honest. My phone had worked its way to a picture on FB. I am sure one of my bebes had gotten it there, or it rubbed on my jeans and navigated its way... but the picture said...
 
"He is Nearer to Us than we Think."
 
Boom. Just like that, I realized I am not alone. I am never alone and I don't have to handle these struggles alone either. I am guilty of thinking I can control everything, without help. God tells us, over and over in the Bible, "Trust in me." I have lacked that trust. Laying things in HIS lap instead of carrying around my heavy chest.
 
I find it hard sometimes to just open and read my Bible. I don't understand it as much as I do when taking small bits at a time. I've found myself looking up things first in the Bible, before acting. How silly am I to think that I am EVER alone?

Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
2 Samuel 7:28 And now, O Lord GOD, you are that God, and your words be true, and you have promised this goodness to your servant:
Psalms 9:10 And they that know your name will put their trust in you: for you, LORD, have not forsaken them that seek you.
Psalms 13:5 But I have trusted in your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalms 31:14 But I trusted in you, O LORD: I said, You are my God.
Psalms 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in you.
Psalms 84:12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusts in you.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding.
Proverbs 11:13 A talebearer reveals secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit conceals the matter.
Proverbs 11:28 He that trusts in his riches shall fall; but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.
Proverbs 28:26 He that trusts in his own heart is a fool: but whoever walks wisely, he shall be delivered.
Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Isaiah 43:1 But now thus said the LORD that created you, O Jacob, and he that formed you, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; you are mine.
Jeremiah 7:8 Behold, you trust in lying words, that cannot profit.
Daniel 6:23 Then was the king exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found on him, because he believed in his God.
John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me.
Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
Revelation 21:5 And he that sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said to me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
 
Bills, test results, career changes, embarrassment, projects, parenthood, marital issues, finding a new home, car maintenance, housekeeping, weight issues... There is a verse there for them all, yet I carry all these things around with such weight. I WILL do better. I will lay these things at HIS feet and know that I am not in control. He is in control. What is His will, will be.
 
Matthew 6:25                    
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
 
Remember- Trust God.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment