Sunday, June 1, 2014

sixONE

On this day, exactly one year ago... I woke up in my third pregnancy to blood. Later that day, I found out that we had lost our sweet, sweet baby. In a year's time, I have mourned, prayed, and recovered. I happened to find a calendar from the first year of Jordan and I's relationship. On that calendar, I documented every little, silly detail. There was trips to Wal-Mart, eating out and where, things that were special to us. June 1st, 6 years ago... Jordan told me he loved me for the first time. June 1st. After losing the baby, I always thought today would be a sad day for the rest of our lives. I documented that silly calendar for a reason, kept it for a reason, and found it ... in my opinion, for the same reason. GOD HAS A PLAN. Our lives are HIS plan, not ours. Did I want that baby? More than life. Do I miss him/her? Every. Single. Day. But, HE has a plan. He wrapped his arms around our family and carried us over the grief and pain.
 
Today, before writing this post, I was lost for words. It suddenly came to me ... Maybe June 1st, 6/1 has a meaning to our life. I then googled "Bible verses 6:1" and what do you know...
 
Genesis 6:1-4 Says this...
 
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.


Coincidence, many might think so... I am not one of those many. God is in our every moment or every day. If we just step back and let him, he will show us so many things. I am guilty of getting so caught up in the everyday routine, too busy to step back. I will be changing that.
 
Today, I will be spending the day with the two most beautiful, darling baby boys that God intended for me to mother. ME!
 
Happy 6 Years of Lovin' Me, Jordan Kelle.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment